Saturday, March 28, 2009

Help with Car Audio and Big Three (Alternator, Battery, Wires)?

So I have 2 12%26quot; L5s and some other mid and high range speakers running about 1500 RMS...Driving for the first time the other night and I knew this was going to happen lights dim to about halfway...It%26#039;s bad





What is the first component to go? (Alternator or Battery)


I was thinking alternator because it can no longer provide sufficient power flow to the battery which is being drained by my 0/1 gauge wire to Alpine PDX-1.1000 (1180RMS birth) and MRP-F450 (280RMS)





I can get HI OUTPUT alternators for my specific car online for about $150-$175 and they are almost 3 time the amp rating as the factory dying one. I will try to find the correct size (51R) battery for my car either (Optima, PowerCell, or Kinetik) Those are some of the brands I have heard. Should I get deep cycle and what is this and dry cell?





Thanks I am pretty informed just need a little advice from you car enthusiasts.
Help with Car Audio and Big Three (Alternator, Battery, Wires)?
1500W RMS is a lot of power. A large wet cell battery is fine. (Lead Acid) It would also pay for you to place a large capacitor (1 or 2 Farad) in Parallel with the load from the Battery, as when the Amp takes a large spike from the Battery, it will take it from the Cap instead. You will also need to increase the size of the wires, as if you try to pull more current they will increase in temperature, as well as limit the amount of current supplied.

No comments:

Post a Comment