Saturday, March 28, 2009

Can someone please help me decide on this car audio equipment?

Well, I%26#039;m on a budget or a little over $400. I have no problem with buying used. I%26#039;ll probably get most of the stuff off ebay. My car is a 1995 Ford Probe SE hatchback. I%26#039;m wanting to put in a sub or two, some component or coaxials for mids/highs up front, and an amp. The car already has 2 Boston Acoustic 2-way speakers in the front door panels, i haven%26#039;t looked in the back yet. I hear that this is a very good brand, but they ones I have distort at higher volumes. Could this be due to the p.o.s. head unit (Sony Xplod) and not having a good amp? I%26#039;m positive they are not blown. The speaker size can be 6in in the front and 6x8 in the back. Will the ones i have work with a better head unit or amp, should i change to component, or should i mod the back to fit 6x9%26#039;s? I just wanna have loud crisp highs that aren%26#039;t completely drowned out by the bass. As far as subwoofers, I%26#039;ve looked at MANY brands and makes, and have narrowed to either the Alpine Type E or R, an MTX Sledgehammer Enclosure -%26gt;
Can someone please help me decide on this car audio equipment?
no amp and a p.o.s head unit will make your speakers sound nasty. you need an amp. a new head unit wont hurt. i got one of these line drivers http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7195... and this is great. you can crank the signal up going to your amps and you dont have to turn the head unit up as high to get the same volume. i did remove it to put this one in instead http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3847... because it has a clip indicator on it and the light flashes when i send a bad signal to my amps that way i know to cut back. i know you said you were on a budget and i know this stuff get costly and they sell cheaper units like what i showed you i saw one for like $20 i just didnt want to suggest something to you that i havent used and i dont trust
Can someone please help me decide on this car audio equipment?
i had a 97 mamzda 626 with over 1000 watts and the only thing that i needed was a good capacitor..im sure the battery life will shorten so you may want to think about that too. i would really consider the type R sub and find an amp with 5 channels to push everthing..if your looking for a 12 inch woofer, get an amp that will will push it at least 250 watts @ 2 ohms..and get rid of that p.o.s sony radio...hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment